Like most things in life, membership isn’t free – but for our reasonable annual membership fees, you get a lot for your money.
Reasons to Join our Society
- Meet people with similar interests of family history and genealogy
- Attend monthly meetings featuring local and national presenters
- Receive assistance from our members on your family research
- Attend our free genealogy research clinics held twice per month ($10 per session for non-members)
- Share our library of resources including books and cds
- Opportunity to serve as a volunteer, coach or member of Board of Directors
- Join us on exclusive WMGS field trips
- Access to the Members Only section of our website which includes:
- videos of some of our meetings
- meeting handouts
- special documents
- past issues of the American Elm
- list of books available in the WMGS library
- instructions for submitting names for our Surname Project
Annual membership runs from September 1st to August 31st each year. New memberships received between July 1st through August 31st, will be for the next calendar year. Individuals may purchase a single membership for $25. We also offer a couple’s membership for $40 and a student membership for $15. We are also bringing back our lifetime membership for $500. (For the purpose of memberships, “couples” is defined as a person with their spouse or significant other living at the same address. “Student” is defined as anyone under the age of 22 currently attending school. “Lifetime” is defined as any one person taking a lifetime membership.)
Join/Renew Online: Simply click on the PayPal button and follow the on-screen directions. You do not need a PayPal account to use this PayPal feature. All you need is a debit or credit card. We will send you a separate email with instructions on accessing the Members Only section of our website.
Join/Renew by mail or in person at our monthly meeting: Click on the Western Massachusetts Genealogical Society Application for Membership link below to view, save, and print your application.
Payments along with the form should be sent to us at the address listed below.
Western Massachusetts Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 418
West Springfield, MA 01090 – 0418
If you would like to review our Constitution and By-Laws they can be read here.
View a list of our WMGS monthly speakers from 2014-2017: WMGS Speakers-Topics
Support Our Society
WMGS needs your support. Please consider making a donation. Click here to read more about how you can help.