We are pleased to announce that on March 2, 2016 the new website for the Western Massachusetts Genealogical Society was launched.
We invite you to take a look around. Some of the new features include:
- A larger font size which is easier to read
- A calendar which can export to your Google Calendar or Iphone/Ipad Calendar
- An expanded resources area with pages of genealogy links
- A Photo album with slide shows
- A Blog where new articles and information will be posted
- A Members Only Section with:
- videos of some of our meetings
- meeting handouts
- special documents
- past issues of the American Elm, a WMGS electronic newsletter 1972-2007
- list of books available in the WMGS library
- instructions for submitting names for our Surname Project
- An expanded social media presence on Pinterest and Twitter
Special Note: WMGS Members will receive login instructions for our Members Only pages via email. Not a member? No problem. Check out our Join page where you can become a member in just a few minutes.
Special thanks to everyone who assisted on the new site. WMGS members Susan Leverson, Katy Krause and Dee Peterson built this site and delivered it ahead of schedule. They worked with board members Dave Robison, Fran Malone and Ann McDougal. Even a few experts from around the globe weighed in. It was a true team effort.
We hope you enjoy the new site. Be sure to follow us on the following social media sites:
Lastly, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below this article, or send us a private message on the Contact Us page.
We would love to hear from you.